The Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) is a standardized process in the automotive and aerospace industries that helps manufacturers & suppliers to communicate and approve production designs and processes before, during, and after manufacturing of parts. PPAP system concept is developed by Big 3 companies GM, Ford & Chrysler. PPAP system ensures whether all engineering design and specification requirements are properly understood by the Supplier. System also confirms that the process has the potential to produce product consistently as per specifications at required production rate. PPAP system assures quality of parts at every in-process stage till it delivered to Customer. It also addresses way of handling & packaging of finished goods.
Supplier cannot dispatch production quantities without PPAP approval by OEM. All engineers of supplier and OEM must know basic knowledge of PPAP process.
• PPAP purpose, Prerequisites, Applicability, Approach
• 18 Requirements of PPAP, Levels
• Design Records, Engineering change document, Design Approval
• DFMEA, Customer Input Requirements, Process Flow Diagram
• PFMEA, Control Plan
• MSA, SPC
• Dimensional Results
• Material Test Results, Qualified Laboratory document
• Performance & reliability test results
• Initial Process Study/ Process Capability Plan, Acceptance Criteria
• Sample Product, Master Sample, Checking Aid List
• Customer Specific Requirements
• Production Trial Run, Weight, Packaging
• ELV & Hazardous material condition requirements
• Re-PPAP Requirements, Change Conditions when PPAP submission is not required
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for engineers (Manufacturing, Quality, Process Engineers) who are working with Tier1/ 2 suppliers for manufacturing parts for OEM. PPAP basic knowledge is mandatory for all engineers intended to join OEM or Supplier. Fresh graduates must know about the PPAP basics as related questions are part of entrance test for any OEM.
Medium: English/ Hindi/ Marathi.
Fees and Registration:
Investment: Rs. 3,400/- + GST 18% per person.
Incentive: Rs. 3,200/- + GST 18% per person for a group of Three or more Members from the same Organization.
Fees include participation, course material (Hard copies), Breakfast, Lunch and tea / coffee.
Kindly provide below details for registration to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
• Name of the workshop:
• Name of the participants with Email ID & Mo. Number:
• Company Name and address:
• GSTN Number:
Please reply on E Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Venue may change depending upon no. of nominations
Pre-payment and pre-registration is required
Participation fee is non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programmeof IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted
Invoicing for all nomination(s) confirmed by sponsoring companies will be done compulsorily. Participation fees are non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programme of IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted.
If by some reason the program gets postponed from our side, we will refund your entire payment.
The participation fee can be paid by way of DD/Cheque drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Training & Development” payable at Pune or through NEFT.