Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD & T) is an engineers’ language to communicate among functions such as Design, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance. It is used as a symbolic way of showing specific tolerances on drawings as per technical standard ASME Y14.5M-2009.
This course introduces participants to the GD & T system, providing a working knowledge of the correct interpretation and application of each symbol, general rules, the datum system, and ‘bonus’ tolerance and highlighting some of the changes in the updated Y14.5 standard.
This one day course is basically designed to introduce basic concept of GD & T and interpret 14 symbols. Participants will be able to understand Part drawing by more meaningful way.
• Introduction of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
• Ambiguity & Shortcomings of Co-ordinate Measuring System
• Benefits of Circular tolerance zone over Square tolerance zone
• Basics of GD&T terminology e.g. MMC. LMC. RFS, Bonus Tolerance, VCB, RFS, Control Frame
• Datums (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary), Simultaneous datums, 3-2-1 Principle
• Definition of 14 basic GD&T symbols (Interpretation, Application and Inspection)
• Form Controls (Straightness, Flatness, Circularity, Cylindricity)
• Profile Controls (Line Profile, Surface Profile)
• Orientation Controls (Angularity, Perpendicularity, Parallelism)
• Location Controls (Position, Concentricity, Symmetry)
• Runout Controls (Circular Runout/ Face Runout, Total Runout/ Total Face Runout)
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone who has a need to apply or interpret geometric tolerances on a product print. Product engineers, manufacturing engineers, CAD designers, quality inspectors, and other engineering & manufacturing personnel. All will benefit from a better understanding of design requirements; improved communication with customers and suppliers. The course is useful for Fresh Engineering Graduates who joined the industry as well as employees dealing with Part Drawings for part development and inspection.
GC, Brembo Brake India Pvt. Ltd.
Learned new concepts about GD&T. The training will help be valuable for me and will be helpful in the future. Overall the training was very good,
The trainer’s knowledge of subject was excellent. The way of teaching is best. Thanks for the valuable training.
AD, Voss Exotech Automotive Pvt. Ltd.
Overall evaluation is excellent. I cleared maximum points in drawing symbols and tolerances. The training was good and very useful.
The contents of the program were every good and the concepts were taught thoroughly.
GK, Minda Corporation Ltd.
Fragmentation of GD & T in various families is found useful along with the explanation.
Medium: English/ Hindi/ Marathi.
Fees and Registration:
Investment: Rs. 3,400/- + GST 18% per person.
Incentive: Rs. 3,200/- + GST 18% per person for a group of Three or more Members from the same Organization.
Fees include participation, course material (Hard copies), Breakfast, Lunch and tea / coffee.
Kindly provide below details for registration to Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
• Name of the workshop:
• Name of the participants with Email ID & Mo. Number:
• Company Name and address:
• GSTN Number:
Please reply on E Mail – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue may change depending upon no. of nominations
Pre-payment and pre-registration is required
Participation fee is non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programmeof IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted
Invoicing for all nomination(s) confirmed by sponsoring companies will be done compulsorily. Participation fees are non-refundable/ non-adjustable against any other programme of IITD, but change in nomination(s) is accepted.
If by some reason the program gets postponed from our side, we will refund your entire payment.
The participation fee can be paid by way of DD/Cheque drawn in favour of “Indian Institute of Training & Development” payable at Pune or through NEFT.